How to Recruit (Paid and Volunteer) Therapists For Home Therapy
- Post a free ad on IU Arts & Science Career Services (you do not have to be affliated with IU): Many IU students in Educatin and Psychology would love to have the field experience of working with a spcial child
- Post an ad on IDS (Indiana Daily Students).
- Post ads at IU School of Education bulletins. You may also contact some of the professors.
- Post ads at stores in the community such as Bloomingfoods and Yoga studios.
- Ask your church or your friend’s church for members willing to help.
- If you go to a Son-rise workshop, they will teach you how to recruit enthusiastic volunteers.
- AuSSM offers a 4-hour Son-rise workshop twice a year, which includes observation and Q-and-A. If you would like to be notified when the next workshop is available, please send us an email here.
Other Therapy Resources in the Community
- For local psychologists who provide autism diagnostics, go to IIDC website.
- For a list of useful communication apps on ipad, go to IIDC website and select “app and communication”
- Programs in the community:
- Adaptive P.E. program provided by Professor Georgia Frey of IU
˗ YMCA adaptive programs, including adaptive martial arts, adaptive aquatics, Buddy Baseball, Special Olympics, etc.
˗ PALS horse riding lessons
˗ Boys and Girls Club inclusive afterschool program