Below are grants based on special needs (with an autism diagnosis), provided by Indiana State.
I. Visit this FSSA page or simply go to our local FSSA office (1711 N College Ave, 1-800-403-0864) to apply for:
- Medicaid Disability (based on diagnosis, as different from traditional income-based Medicaid)
II. Visit this FSSA page or simply go to our local FSSA office (1711 N College Ave, 1-800-403-0864) to apply for:
- FSW (Family Supports Waiver, formerly Support Services Waiver, for individuals with special needs, up to about $16,000 per year, has a waiting list)
- CIH (Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver, formerly Autism Waiver and DD Waiver, no cap limit, no waiting list, but hard to get)
III. Go to First Step website or our local office (812-314-2982) to apply for:
- First Steps: free in-home therapies and medical assistance for age 0-3.
IV. Visit the Social Security website or simly go to our local Social Security office (515 W Patterson Drive, Bloomington, 877-819-2594) to apply for
- SSI: Supplemental Security Income (considers both disability and income, including parents’ income)
- SSDI: Social Security Disability Income (considers disability, for adults only)
V. Go to Indiana Governor’s Council for People with Disabilities at IN.gov to apply for
- The Consumer Investment Fund (for attending conferences)